9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2013 11:06 AM by ecklerwr1

Export to PDF oddities

branfarm

Hi there,

I upgraded to 10.3 over the weekend and I've noticed a couple of issues with the Export to PDF functionality. First, although a thread in April said Chrome was not compatible with 'Export to PDF', I was able to export one of the new graphs just fine, but not an old style graph. On the old style graph I got the 'Duplicate headers error':

Error 349 (net::ERR_RESPONSE_HEADERS_MULTIPLE_CONTENT_DISPOSITION): Multiple distinct Content-Disposition headers received. This is disallowed to protect against HTTP response splitting attacks.

In regards to the styling though, the new style graph exported just the graph:

New Style

exporttopdf.png

Versus the Old Style that also included all of the orion header and tabs:

exporttopdf2.png

I would call the first example more of a true export to PDF (although even the PDF has 'Export to PDF' on it), verses the second example, which seems more like a screenshot to PDF.   Is this how it's supposed to work?

• Re: Export to PDF oddities
          PavelSrot

It is Chrome bug. Here: http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=103618 you can let know more about it why it happens and here http://greenbytes.de/tech/tc2231/#attwithtokfncommanq you can find some tests related to Content-Disposition headers.

Work around what I found is first of all backup your c:\inetpub\SolarWinds\Orion\ExportToPDF.aspx.cs file and then edit this file, find this pattern:

response.AddHeader("Content-Type", "binary/octet-stream");

response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition",

"attachment; filename=" + downloadFile + "; size=" + downloadBytes.Length.ToString(CultureInfo.InvariantCulture));

and replace them after this one:

response.AddHeader("Content-Type", "binary/octet-stream");

response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition",

"attachment; filename=\"" + downloadFile + "\"; size=" + downloadBytes.Length.ToString(CultureInfo.InvariantCulture));

this pattern should be placed in the method internal void SendFile(string exportID).

Let us know whether it works.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: Export to PDF oddities
            branfarm

PavelSrot -- Yes, changing that line in the file seemed to fix the export to PDF in Chrome.  Will this be added as a permanent fix in future releases?