This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

About Default Agent

FormerMember
FormerMember

Hello everyone. Have some people know this option? Can someone tell me this option to have any effect

1.png

• Hi, liufisky.

The Explorer Command Agent is the agent LEM uses to execute commands from the Explorer utilities in the console. These utilities include WhoIs, NSLookup, and Traceroute. If you don't set an agent here, LEM won't be able to run those commands from the console. By default, LEM tries to use the first 4.6+ agent to connect to the manager.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Phil

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to phil3

Hi Phil, thanks for your reply. But I don't understand what this means about the first 4.6+ agent. Could you explain to me? Thanks.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

The first agent that connects to the LEM appliance that is running LEM version 4.6 or later. The current version is 5.4, current agent version is 5.3.1 - so if you just installed, that'd be the first agent that connected to your LEM appliance.

You can choose another agent if you'd rather proxy those requests to another agent (maybe they would show different results, or some agents aren't able to connect to the internet, etc). Whenever you run the commands, it'll ask that agent to run them and return you the results.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks pauls, I think I probably understand, I have to look for opportunities to test.