4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2012 8:24 AM by sja

"The SDK" is it 1 man show??

sja

Hi Solarwinds

I don’t know but its sure look “like 1 man show”

Please get serious.

I need to know if that SDK is something Solarwinds "count on" to be the OSS/CMDB northbound?

/SJA

• Re: "The SDK" is it 1 man show??
          tdanner

We have more than one developer working on the SDK, and the development teams for all of the products on the Orion platform contribute to the public API. We have been shipping the SDK for several years and update it for each platform release.

Is there some feature you are particularly concerned about?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              sja

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply.

1.I just not sure its "mature" for deployment/production environment ...

2.SW can come basic 3-4 scripts that work and supportes (Ad node SNMP ad interface ..)

P:S

"1 man show" refrense is to you

:-)

/SJA

tdanner

Different production environments have different standards of what maturity they require, so that's a judgement you'll need to make for your own environment. I can tell you that there are a number of companies not just using the SDK in production but selling products to their customers that leverage it to automate NPM.

I completely agree about the value of sample scripts. This is something we are adding to the next release of the SDK, which should be available soon.