This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Unable to start discovery

I've inherited an installation of Orion with my new job and I'm trying to run a Network Sonar Discovery from the server that has Orion installed (and also from any web console), when I select the necessary options it looks like the scan is about to being but then displays the following error window:

Unable to start discovery

Could not start/store discovery job: Could not find file 'C:\windows\temp\vecfw2tb.dll'

Each time I try I get a different .dll file showing.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Regards

Steve

• Looks like one of two things is up:

1. The Orion service account doesn't have permissions to write/read to that directory and maybe other areas of the Orion server (check to make sure it can; for mine, the Orion service account is admin on the application front-end server, but you can probably run lower if needed).
    2. The Orion installation is corrupted/broken. Download the install files for your version (or update to the latest) and run them to repair.

Let us know how that works,

Chris