This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How do I set up an advanced alert for disk usage ?

Is there a way to set up an advanced alert to be notified when a disk space exceeds a certain % of volume used? I know you can create an alert and input the actual size, but we have so many various sizes that it would be easier to have an alert sent out whenever X disk exceeds XX % volume used.

Thanks for any help emoticons_happy.png,

• Quite easily emoticons_happy.png

I've put a screenshot of just such an alert I have set up on my system below. Give me a shout if you need any further help.

volumePercentAlert.jpg

• Thank you very much! emoticons_happy.png

I guess selecting the "volume" from the pull down menu would have helped , huh !emoticons_laugh.png

One other question, we have approximately 20 virtual machines running off a few ESX / HyperV servers.  In order for Advanced Alerts to properly trigger, do I need to set up the virtual machine settings in Solarwinds? For example, the HyperV host may have 1TB of disk but only 200GB allocated to virtual machine A .  If the 200GB allocated only has 10MB space left, would a fixed disk alert properly trigger ??  We currently don't use the built-in VMWare features of Solarwinds, each virtual PC is set up and monitored as a regular node.

• We don't use any sort of virtualisation in our network, so I'm not 100% sure. But I'd assume that as long as each virtual device is seen as an individual node in SolarWinds and that the node's disks are being monitored, you should get the alerts for these virutal hosts. Hopefully someone with more experience on this side of things can confirm or correct though.