This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SEUM unable to play back websites using SSO

Appears SUEM is unable to playback websites using SSO (Single Sign On).  I can record and playbacks using the SEUM Recorder, but when I upload into SEUM I immediately receive an access denied message error message

I applied a fix from the following thread, and I also submitted a ticket with solar winds and the solar winds eng could get this fix to work either.

http://thwack.solarwinds.com/thread/47369

Solar winds case number: 346250

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Beast911 and I work at the same company.  We went through all of the steps in the thwack thread SEUM Playback Player - Run as a domain account? Which sadly were the exact same steps sent to us by support (verbatim not an outlined doc by support but the original posters message) The location shows OK but we cannot get past an access denied message when trying to monitor the site.

Any suggestions.  I know this is a relatively new product but Single Sign On is a very common feature on a website and I can't believe support has been able to help identify the issue.

• The crux of the issue is that SeUM is unable to pass credentials it doesn't have. If when the recording was originally created credentials were automatically passed through as part of the operating system, they were not, and cannot be captured by the SeUM recorder. The recommended solution is to force the website or web application to prompt for credentials no differently than it would for a MacOS or Linux machine, or even a Windows host running Chrome. The simplest way is to disable Windows Integrated Authentication in the IE settings while performing the recording. The other other option is create the recording while logged into the workstation as a local user account. By not using your domain credentials to login to the workstation there will be no credentials for the operating system to automatically pass to the web application. This will in turn force the browser/recorder to prompt for credentials that will then be captured for future playbacks. This is also outlined in the KB below.

SolarWinds Knowledge Base :: Windows Authentication problems when playing back a recording