4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2012 11:48 AM by Jason.Henson

simple report

jeffreyc

How can I generate a list of all nodes with the node ID listed. Or even better the entire url for the node listed.

Jeff

• Re: simple report
          Jason.Henson

JeffreyC,

Is this for Orion NPM?  If it is, open the Report Writer tool on the Orion NPM server.  From there, start a new report and choose 'Current Status of Nodes, Interfaces, etc' as your report type.  Give the report a group and a name.  Under 'Select Fields', add two rows by clicking on the '...' button.  Add a line for Node ID (Network Nodes > Node Details) and then add Node Name for the second row (Network Nodes > Node Details).  Click on File and then Save As and then choose a file name to save the report as.  It should save as a '.OrionReport' file type (extension).  Also, make sure you are saving the report to the Reports folder in the installation directory for Orion (Typically saved in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\Reports'.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Thanks,

Jason Henson

Loop1 Systems

www.Loop1Systems.com

jeffreyc

Also is there a way to copy an existing report template. For instance copy Availability- last month to something else so that I could just modify the time frame and save it without having to create a new one and enter all the fields.

Jason.Henson

Absolutely.  The reports are just files, so if you do a File > Save As, you can save the same report with a different file name and then go make the changes you want to make to the new report.  Just be cautious that you are changing the correct file.  The file name will be located at the top of the General tab when building the report out.

Jason Henson

Loop1 Systems

www.Loop1Systems.com

jeffreyc

Thanks

Jeff