This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Execute script from node details page and then dump results to a file

I would like to see the functionality added to the node details page to execute a pre-scripted script on a single device. The reason this would be beneficial is that we like to run a few commands on our cisco devices before we make any major changes. Rather than go into each device I would like to go to the node details page and push a button and have it run the script and dump to a file.

• Hi,

I'm not sure whether I fully understand your requirement. Looking at the Node Details,

Node-Details.PNG

you have the possibility to save a script locally and then execute it using the appropritate resource.

Could you please describe what extension you would like to have?

Thanks,

Jiri

• This is sort of what I am looking for.  I want the same functionality but I want to create a "pre configured" script on the server and make it available in a drop down menu on the page.  This way I will have it set up to only be able to deploy scripts that our group approves and not something somebody wants to just run nilly willy from their pc locally.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,