6 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2012 8:09 AM by Disturbedguy

Custom Report

Disturbedguy

Hi all,

I was wondering whether it is possible to create a report that will gather information on all the routers monitoring in Orion?

The information we would be interested in is -

Device Type

Model Number

OS Version and the such.

Is this possible?

• Re: Custom Report
          rhugh

There is an inventory report under Node Reports called IOS Versions of Cisco Devices.  Is that what you are looking for?

Disturbedguy

Nope, this report gathers information for all cisco devices only.

I want the information for all the routers from all of our manufacturers, not just Cisco stuff.

rhugh

Then just copy the report and take out the (Nodes.Vendor = 'Cisco') part.  That should do the trick.  We only have routers from Cisco, so I can't see if the fields are the same for any other vendor.

Disturbedguy

Wouldn't work though as it would return every single device.

I want only routers, from all vendors.

rhugh

Use ((Nodes.Vendor = 'Cisco') or (Nodes.Vendor = 'Juniper') or (Nodes.Vendor = 'Huang')), or do you use that many vendors that you can't put them in a list?  I don't know if there is a "device type" field in Solarwinds.  Another solution would be to put the "router" designation in a comment field.  Then you can use that as a criterion in the report.

Disturbedguy

If I do the vendor thing I would still get both switches and routers though and with there being well in excess of 500 devices for one client alone i dont fancy going through them  trying to find the routers, especially if they arent labelled correctly.

I would have thought there would have been an easier way to do this..