This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

LEM Scheduled Tasks Alerts

FormerMember
FormerMember

I have gone through support regarding Scheduled Tasks Failures as an alert for LEM & was told the Events could not be pulled out of the System Event logs. I post this as a request to consider this as a future enhancement consideration. Our PEN testers recommended receiving alerts for these failures.

• Scoots - I'm going to move this to the LEM Feature Request space so the PM can log the request and others can vote it up should they want this feature as well.

Thanks,

DH

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Hey scoots,

Do you want to pick these up via the event log or the scheduled task log? Or, in other words, are you just looking to monitor Windows Vista/7/2008 forward (event log), or do you also have 2003/XP systems you need to monitor for failed scheduled tasks (no event log, scheduled task log)?

This is something we can add to our product integration list. They log to their own special log/event log, not the traditional ones, so we have to seek them out.

Thanks!

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Nicole, I would assume the event log. The Event IDs are 101 & 103 for 2008. If there is a way to pull failed events from 2003/XP, that would be nice too, but I couldn't locate an event ID for it.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks, I'll get this request in and follow up here when I have any info.