This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SNMP and Login Validation jobs

Does anyone know if it's possible to create a job that mimics the "Validate SNMP Credentials..." and Validate Login Information..." steps? I would love to have NCM check these every week or so, but I don't want to waste time trying to download configs again, or anything like that. If it's not possible, is it on a list as a feature enhancement to NCM?

• I have a complex solution.  I have a NPM custom SQL report that gives me the status as in below image:

ncmReport.png

This is complex because I run a SQL job that matches the NCM node to the NPM node and populates a custom field in the NCM DB called OrionNodeID.

Let me know if you are interested and I'll upload all the necessary components to content exchange.

• actually, removed complexity - clicking on system name won't take you to device summary page in NPM, but not a big deal.

get report from content update here

• It should be noted that there is already a Login failure report in NCM that you can run via the NCM report menu.

njoylif - Good job on this report, just need to add that this report is created via the Orion NPM report writer so anyone using it may need to make additional custom sql changes.  For example, the report points to the default configmgmt.dbo.nodes, if your db has a different name, that change would need to be made.  Additionally, if the NCM and NPM are on different database servers, it will not work.  Otherwise great job on utilizing the integration.

• This is a great report, and gives me the results in one spot (as opposed to the NCM report mentioned below). However I am not looking for any report. I am trying to execute an action. When you go into NCM and select a node, you can Validate SNMP and Validate Login credentials. This only takes a few seconds. I want to create a job that does both of these actions for every node in NCM. This way when there's a connectivity error with my "download configs" job, this validation job will still verify we have the correct credentials.