7 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2012 4:09 AM by michalB

Ignoring/Duplex users in the preview of the tool?

Kristian Maier

Hi to all,

I'm having a problem with the User Import Tool. I'd made a CSV File from the description of the discussion http://thwack.solarwinds.com/message/162455#162455 but in the preview the tool displays two times the same user. I can't disactivate the duplex user by the check mark, 'cause it disactivate not only one user, but the original user + the double user. And when I start the import it brings me errors that the user is already existing.

Second problem, the tool won't import all users, only the 50-75% will be import, the rest, the tool is ignoring it, and it isn't the end of the CSV-File which he is ignoring, but casually.

Somebody else has this problem?

• Re: Ignoring/Duplex users in the preview of the tool?
          michalB

Kristian,

is this the latest version of User Import Tool? We have recently updated this tool to v1.1, you may want to download this one and see whether it resolves your issue.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Kristian Maier

Hi Michal,

yes I updated the tool to v1.1 and the first time it works well, and then he creates not only two times the same user, now from 2 within 4 the same user in the preview. I don't understand why, because I took the same CSV-File, only changed the Username and OU.

The error which I recive is following: Could not create the following user user5[The object already exist].

Now I tried to use 2 times the same CSV-File with the same Data, I start to import and it works well, then i cancelled all imported users in the AD, close the import tool, and reopened and reimport the CSV-File. In the preview some users where duplex.

michalB

could you enable verbose logging, reproduce the issue, and post it here? It would be good if you could also include the CSV file.

Kristian Maier

CSV File:

Surname;Given-Name;Sam-Account-Name;Password;Script-Path;OrganizationalUnit;Home-Directory;Profile-Path

TSurname;TGivenn;user1;Password1;logon.vbs;ou=BGS-B,ou=Berufsgrundstufe,ou=LBS,DC=test,DC=local;\\test.local\schueler\BGS_B;\\test.local\Schueler\BGS_B

TSurname2;TGivenn2;user2;Password1;logon.vbs;ou=BGS-B,ou=Berufsgrundstufe,ou=LBS,DC=test,DC=local;\\test.local\schueler\BGS_B;\\test.local\Schueler\BGS_B

TSurname3;TGivenn3;user3;Password1;logon.vbs;ou=BGS-B,ou=Berufsgrundstufe,ou=LBS,DC=test,DC=local;\\test.local\schueler\BGS_B;\\test.local\Schueler\BGS_B

(I changed the Name for the Privacy)

log:

at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.CommitChanges()
                         at ADImportServiceLib.ActiveDirectory.AdHelper.CreateAccount(UserData userData, DirectoryEntry ou, String& message)
                         at ADImportServiceLib.ActiveDirectory.AdHelper.CreateAdAccount(UserData userData, String ipAddress, String username, String password, String& message)
                         at UserImportTool.Model.UserImportController.ImportUsers(Boolean createADOnly, List`1 users)]
                      2012-05-03 15:43:16,055 [13] ERROR UserImportTool.Logger - Failed to create user:benpoe0992[System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryServicesCOMException (0x80071392): The object already exists.

at System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry.CommitChanges()
                         at ADImportServiceLib.ActiveDirectory.AdHelper.CreateAccount(UserData userData, DirectoryEntry ou, String& message)
                         at ADImportServiceLib.ActiveDirectory.AdHelper.CreateAdAccount(UserData userData, String ipAddress, String username, String password, String& message)
                         at UserImportTool.Model.UserImportController.ImportUsers(Boolean createADOnly, List`1 users)]
                      2012-05-03 15:51:18,942 [13] ERROR UserImportTool.Logger - Failed to create user:dangiu0595[System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryServicesCOMException (0x80071392): The object already exists.