This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM 10.1.2 - Moving nodes to a different polling engine

I recently stood up a 2nd poller.  I would like to move some of the nodes off of the 1st poller to the 2nd.  Documentation states to use the Poller Load Balancer.  It also states I have to shut down services on both polling engines.

In the past, while in the process of moving our Orion platform to our new "Cloud" based servers, I have had my DBA change the Polling Engine ID in the DB in the Engines table.  All while servies were still running.

Can I ask SW to put this in a test for me - 2 pollers and 1 DB.  While all nodes are using poller 1, change the Engine ID in the DB Engines table w/out stopping services.  Then reply w/results?

Thank you,

Jay

Orion 10.1.2 - 8000+ elements

SQL 2008 cluster

MS 2008 R2 Server x2

• Jay,

Why didn't you just change this through Edit Node? Go to Manage Nodes, select the nodes you want, click Edit Properties, then change the Polling Engine.

Prior to NPM 10.2, you had to stop the services so the jobs would be re-scheduled. If you are running NPM 10.2 then changing the Engine ID should be fine and you don't need to restart the services (but you should update your signature :-) ). If you are running something before 10.1 you should restart the services so the jobs will be re-created for the new engine.

Mav