Information Innovators Inc. (Triple-i), is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business headquartered in Springfield, Virginia. We are a professional services company dedicated to delivering best-value IT services and solutions through the innovative application of our employees' experience and state-of-the art technologies. Triple-i brings process-based solutions to high-risk, complex initiatives in Federal Government agencies and allows us to offer a range of services including program & project management, security & information assurance, systems design & integration, telecommunications consulting and enterprise architecture support.
We are currently recruiting for the position of Network Management / Visibility Engineer with special emphasis on SolarWinds experience to provide support and engineering expertise for our work with the Department of Veterans Affairs in Martinsburg, WV.
Work Experience/Skills Requirements:
- 5+ years’ experience working with Network Management systems with an emphasis on SolarWinds application utilization and support.
- 10+ years’ general experience in the networking and/or computer systemsfield
- Technicalexperience in a Cisco LAN/WAN environment..
- Mustpossess excellent communication skills Expertise and experience with fault,performance, trend analysis, config, network reporting management and/or
- Knowledgein several of the following areas: Scripting, Unix, MS SQL, MS Windows Server 2008, SNMP, SYSLOG, TRAPS, IEEE 802.3, 802.11 standards, routing, LAN
switching, DNS, DHCP and TCP/IP.
- Working knowledge of Solarwinds Suite, Netscout Performance Manager, Netscout probes and CiscoWorks2000
- Extensive experience with SNMP, Syslog, RMON and similar management protocols a must
- Knowledge of IP SLA, Event Correlation, Root Cause Analysis
- MP LS and VoIP desirable Additional knowledge including Operating Systems experience with specific emphasis on Cisco IOS,
UNIX, Linux and Microsoft products as well as experience deploying, configuring and operating Solarwinds EOC preferable
- Ability to work independently or with a team
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work requirements Excellent interpersonal skills
- Project Management knowledge is a plus
- Cisco Certification is also a plus.
- Experience with Remedy help desk ticketing system is a plus
Duties performed will include, butnot be limited to the following:
- Providing support, design, implementation and monitoring of Network management systems used by the VA-NSOC Operations Department in managing the VA Network, Systems, and Applications.
- Acts as the liaison between VA and network management tool vendors.
- Provides expert knowledge of network management tools, designs and plans the presentation of data to improve the efficiency of VA in performing daily
operations and proactive monitoring of the network.
- The candidate may assist in expert troubleshooting of network-related problems and monitoring of the network.
- The successful candidate will be supporting the following network management and monitoring systems/protocols - Solarwinds Suite (specifically NPM, NCM and APM)- Netscout nGenius performance manager, Netflow
collection, Sylog collection, MIB and SNMP trap definitions and collection. Some HP OpenView application support familiarity is a plus.
- Under the direction of the INMS Manager, provides highly skilled technical support to in-house IS staff, user departments, and third-party liaisons.
- Provides consulting services at the highest technical level for remote sites; works with various IS departments to ensure superior application performance and networkstability.
- Monitors network traffic to ensure optimum uptime and performance in a proactive manner.
- Acts as primary liaison between other groups and VA-NSOC for network management and monitoring
- Occasional after hours and weekend work to perform tasks that cannot be done during
- Work with vendors to evaluate, install and support new as well as existing network management systems and products. Specific SolarWinds application support is
- Manage upgrades of network management products, servers and Operating Systems to maintain integrity of network management systems and products.
- Individual will mentor colleagues on NMS / SNMP design, architecture and industry best practices.
Education and/or Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- CCNA/ CCNP Cisco Certification is a plus.
Must be a citizen and be able to hold a security clearance. You do not need a current/active clearance to apply, but must be able to pass a government
security background investigation.
Triple-i is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/D/V