This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Trying to FTP from Device.CLI.Send

Hi,

I'm trying to execute a few commands from Device.CLI.Send, CatTools.  The device is not a router/switch, its a DWDM device.  I have verified login.  The command I sent was: "copy configuration <FTP server IP> user <FTP username> overwrite yes".  The command will ask "Enter FTP password for user 'FTP username':".

This works via command prompt cli but doesnt from Device.CLI.Send "List of commands to be entered on the device (Max 10,000 chrs.):

copy configuration 1.1.1.10 user DWDM overwrite yes

The complete interaction is:

DWDM_nyc# copy configuration 1.1.1.10 user DWDM overwrite yes

Enter FTP password for user 'DWDM': 12345

On Debug:

Waiting for an echo of copy configuration 1.1.1.10 user DWDM overwrite yes command

Waiting for a response to: copy configuration 1.1.1.10 user DWDM overwrite yes

Did not receive expected response to command: copy configuration 1.1.1.10 user DWDM overwrite yes

Aborting command entry due to command error

Once again, this works manually but I'm looking to automate this task every hour.

-Manny

• and can either of you take a look at this?

• Hi Manny,

The problem here is that the device you are using (and this would probably go for most of the device types - if not all in CatTools), if expecting to receive the hostname prompt after sending the  'copy configuration 1.1.1.10 user DWDM overwrite yes' command.  Your device however is sending the 'Enter FTP password for user 'DWDM': prompt which the device script does not recognise, so treats this as an unexpected response.

In order to address this issue, the device script(s) themselves would need to be modified to check for the 'Enter FTP password for user 'DWDM': command response so it treats this as a valid response.

This would need to be a feature request.  Please raise a support ticket and ensure you provide:

-  (PuTTY) captures of a manual session to execute these commands

-  Full CatTools diagnositics (support will explain how to do this if you are unsure), of what happens at present when running the commands in CatTools.

-  The name of the CatTools device type you are using.

Thanks,

Steve