This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

C#: Automatically logon to Orion site

Greetings,

I am looking for a way to programmatically logon to an Orion site, so that I can submit a query and download the resultant report, automatically.

Do any of you have any code references- or alternative ways to pull this information automatically.

Thank you, much.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

There may be a couple different options short of having to log in programatically.  The first is to include the username and password into the URL like so: http://DOMAIN/Orion/Login.aspx?AccountID=USER&Password=PASSWORD.  You should be able to use that with any of the URL's for the site to allow direct access.  The second option is to enable the DirectLink account.  It's a specially named account that is used for when you access a page directly, "skipping" the login.  There should be more info about it in the admin guide.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Casey

• Thanks, ultimately I was able to get the C# code to work, but your suggestion got me headed in the right direction.