8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2012 10:39 PM by AlexSl

Configure advanced alert

AlexSl

I can not create an advanced alert when using two custom puller

For example

Advanced Trigger Alert.PNG

This  configuration is not work ((((

If I do a 'Trigger Alert' with only one from every pollers  - 'Trigger Alert' worked properly

• Re: Configure advanced alert
          nrms

Your alert is based on all the conditions being true, which therefore includes the test (Poller Name == x) AND (Poller Name ==y) in there.

Is that correct, or do you actually mean (Poller Name == x) OR (Poller Name ==y)?

If you want the test for either of the poller names, you will need to add a new Condition Group which is set to "any of the following" and then put your 2 Poller Name tests under that Condition Group.

AlexSl

Thanks for the help
              Yes, I want to use two poller

Use two poller on trigger conditions - it was just an example/test

That is if I add a secondary poller, then 'trigger alert' does not work

I tried using Condition Group - the same result - does not work (((
              Give me please example of Condition Group and I'll check and let you know the result
              I want to use 'all'  the conditions

Node status Up
              Poller name is equal BGP Peer State
              field Row ID contains 10.0.%.1
              field Status equal 6
              and
              Poller name is equal BGP Local Address
              field Row ID contains 10.0.%.2

netlogix

You can use an all and any (and and ors)

alert.jpg

That is "Alert if NameName like (*Bob* or *Carl*) and Poller Name like (*bgp* or *eigrp*)"

AlexSl

Thank you
                      But I need to use the condition "and" not "or"
                      Poller  BGP-x AND(&) BGP-y

netlogix

But one poller will never have two names, so it will never alert...  I think there is a little confusion over how alerts work.  Based on your original screen shot, you want to trigger the alert when: Node name is like *RTR....* and that node is up and the poller's name is like both *bgp peer state* and *bgp peer local address* - but nothing about the content of those pollers.

Can you explain what you are actually looking for in plain not techy language?  I bet once we establish that, we can get you going and you'll see why an or might do what you need.

AlexSl

Hi

Sorry my bad english (((

I need have alert if:

node is UP

For defined Poller, "BGP status" for the neighbor 10.0.%.1 status equal 6

and

For defined Poller "Local BGP Address" for the local address 10.0.% .2 status is not equal 0

netlogix

Hmm, I think I get it now, you want the alert to be based off two different poller values.  That is not how the alert engine works , it only focuses on one poller at a time and you can't compare two values at the same time in one trigger.  I do understand there is a value to it and I have seen others trying to do that, but I don't know if or how they got it working.

You might need to either do a custom SQL alert or an alert with a suppression (suppression is strange, so this might not work as well as one could hope for)

alert.jpg

The suppression is backwards from what you said, but a suppression is saying don't alert if this condition exists anywhere in the database (that's the only way I could think of comparing the data in two pollers).