4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2012 3:47 PM by cmgurley

How do I build a report on all our DataStores?

lchance

We have 64 on the list, but it seems to stop at 50.

How do I build a report on all datastores?

Is there any way of working with Business Hours for this report (or any report)?

Thanks.

• Re: How do I build a report on all our DataStores?
          cmgurley

Hey lchance,

Can you help me understand what data you are trying to present in this report? I see that you want it on all datastores (not just "top XX"). Are you looking for capacity, IO, latency,...?

Let me know and I'll see if I can help figure it out with you.

~Chris

lchance

Chris,

It would be all of the above...

How would I make a single report for all 64 datastores by IO and latency by business hours Monday through Friday?

or any mix like Free Space and VM Allocation .etc

Thanks.

cmgurley

lchance,

Just a heads up, I'll be offline tomorrow through Sunday, so I may not reply after this til next week. I've played with reports just now and might not have the right config to reproduce your issue, if indeed I'd see the same thing with >50 datastores. Here's what I did...

• Reporting > Data Export
                  • Item Type > Datastore
                  • Attributes > datastore.name, datastore.freeSpace, datastore.vm.name
                  • > Run Export

That's obviously very elementary, so it probably doesn't meet your needs (esp w/ the latency & business hours part), but it does give the datastore free space and VMs in each datastore in a CSV.

Is that a good starting point from which to build and go more complex? I wish the reporting was a bit more intuitive, especially with things like "average latency during business hours between <start_date> and <end_date>". There's probably a way to get that, but we'll probably both have to head-bang a while to excavate it.

Thanks,

Chris