This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Move nodes and history between NPM installation NOT Additional polling engines

FormerMember
FormerMember

installationI need to move nodes, and the historical information, from one NPM installation to 2 other NPM installations.
It is not between a NPM and an “Additional Polling engine” but 2 separate NPM installation each with its own database.
I know that someone suggested simply shutdown the 1st  NPM at the copy the database to the 2nd server. But my database on my 1st installation also contains data from IPAM/NTA/IP-SLA modules that I do not have installed on the 2nd server.

Anyone knows how to move nodes in this scenario?

• Hi Rasmus,

Doing a backup of the database, and restore it on the SQL server that the 2nd server will help.

The 2nd NPM that does not have the modules will just let it pass. If you just have Orion NPM, it should generally look at NPM tables in the Orion database, and should not factor in the rest of the tables.

But this will cause orphaned tables. You might need to clean up the database thereafter.

It should not be hard, as most of the tables will have some indication on the modules it belongs to e.g. prefixes VoIP will belong to IPSLA, etc.

HTH.

• Do you know of a Powershell script that will copy node and node event history from one SolarWinds database to another?

For various business reasons we need to copy nodes and history from one database to another database.

Both database are in use so we need to copy node and node event history from one SolarWinds database to the other.

We can't just overwrite the existing database.

This is very close bus does not do node history.

Thanks

Graham