This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

I'm new to LEM and I'm trying to get the 5.3.1 agent installed on a Mac Book Pro. The agent is installed and works however it will not start automatically when the system is restarted. I followed the instructions in the attached document but no luc

I'm also not well versed on a Mac. Can anyone assist?

• Hi, Bert.

This is a doc we're trying to perfect at the moment - we've had mixed results with customers. If you can open a Support case, that would be great. That way, someone on our side can walk you through the process and try to pinpoint exactly what's missing from the doc.

If you can't open a ticket (i.e. you're evaluating the product), I'd recommend you verify the following:

1. You can start the agent manually:
      1. Open Terminal
      2. Run launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.swlem.swlemagent.plist
    2. You can stop the agent manually:
      1. Open Terminal
      2. Run launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.swlem.swlemagent.plist
    3. You copied the agent to the StartupItems folder:
      1. Open Terminal
      2. Run cp /Applications/TrigeoAgent /System/Library/StartupItems/

I hope this helps. Let us know whether you were able to open a ticket or get the agent to work using these steps.

Thanks.

• I opened a ticket with solarwinds.

I can successfully start and stop the agent using the commands you listed above. Unfortunately I cannot get the agent to start automatically after a reboot.

Also after I manually start the agent on the mac, the agent displays disconnected on the console.

Thanks for your help.