2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2012 10:20 AM by Sohail Bhamani

COnfig Change Template - Support Access Lists

Sohail Bhamani

It would nice if NCM's configuration change templates could support manipulating access lists much like it can interfaces and vlans.

• Re: COnfig Change Template - Support Access Lists
          cvachovecj

Sohail,

Could you please be more specific? Could you describe e.g. some use cases?

Thanks,

Jiri

• Re: COnfig Change Template - Support Access Lists
              Sohail Bhamani

Hi Jiri,

I ran into this today again with another client.  A use case would be adding a line to an existing access list.  This can be done inline by using access list line numbers and inserting a line into an existing access list.  I am speaking about cisco devices only by the way.

If the configuration change scripts were able to pull the access lists with those line numbers and then allow us to add a new line in between existing lines, this would be very helpful to many network folks.  It would be especially helpful to those engineers who want to allow jr admins to edit access-lists without having to login to the cli, deal with the ins/outs of access-lists, and keep them from locking out access based on manipulating access lists in the wrong fashion.

I hope this adds to the idea.

Thanks