To create a report showing historical data of all events triggered for certain alerts:
- Click Start > All Programs > SolarWinds Orion > Alerting, Reporting, and Mapping > Report Writer.
- In the left pane, under Events, click Triggered Alerts - Last 30 Days.
- Configure conditions on Report Designer tabs to select the the alerts you want to see.
Note: For more information, see "Creating and Modifying Reports" in the SolarWinds Orion NPM Administrator Guide.
That doesn't work. I can't get anything from my advanced alerts...
Ensure that your Alerts have a Trigger Action to log to the NetPerfMon Event Log. If this isn't set I don't believe it will show the Event if it is only set to send Emails.
Ahh that's it... well the SQL DB logs to the AlertLogs table. Anybody have a proper way to query that for a result? This one isn't working correctly for me...
select ObjectName,Message,LogDateTime from AlertLog
where LogDateTime >= (GetDate() - 7)
and Message='Alert Triggered'
and ObjectName like 'someserver%'
or ObjectName like 'someserver2%'
or ObjectName like 'someserver3%'
and LogDateTime >= (GetDate() - 7)
order by 3 desc
I censored out server names, but essentially I'm getting results back to 2011 and not all servers are being queried.
I managed to get based on LogDateTime >= (GetDate() - 7)
The following is what I did:
1. Used the following query to confirm if the date is reported correctly: SELECT GETDATE()
2. Ran the following to confirm that earliest date that I should see the from the AlertLog events: SELECT GETDATE() - 7
3. I am not sure if it is the AND and OR in the statements that messed up the querying, but the following is what I used. I also noticed that you used GetDate() twice:
SELECT ObjectName, Message, LogDateTime
LogDateTime >= (GetDate() - 7)
AND Message='Alert Triggered'
( ObjectName LIKE 'someserver%'
OR ObjectName LIKE 'someserver1%' )
ORDER BY 3 desc