This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

ipMonitor does not recognize Windows event log entries. How to?

Dear community

I tried for hours to create a monitor within ipMonitor to catch a specific event log entry and to send an alert, without success. I searched THWACK, unfortunately without success too.
We use ipMonitor 10.0 build 1371.

This event occurs every 30 minutes. The availability within ipMon is always 100% and no alert will be send. Please have a look to the attached screenshots whether I made a mistake while creating the monitor.

I really appreciate any hint!!!

Thanks in advance
Eddy

Configuration of the monitor:
(Due to our security policies I had to erase the real servername, etc...)

Result of the preview :

• I don't use this software myself, so I'm only making an educated guess here...

EventID.net throws up 3 sources for Event ID 12289. All of these are of type "Error". I see in your config that you have the "Event Type" set to "Information". Is "Error" an option on that dropdown? If so, can you try changing that setting and see if you get the alert.

If not, it might help if you can post the Event Source, and, if your security policies allow, a screenshot of the Windows event viewer dialogue box that you get if you double click on the log entry.

• Dear Neil

Thanks.

I tested with event type error, but it was unsuccessful too.

Maybe somebody else has an further idea...

Thanks in advance!

Eddy