1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 8, 2012 3:10 PM by DanielleH

LUN Ranking Top Ten Views missing

Deltona

Hi guys,

If you ever get the below screen when clicking on the PERFORMANCE tab of a storage array:

then the reason for this is that STM is installed on a non-US operating system.
      The official resolution is to run a repair and optimization query on the database.

Here's how it's done:

Windows OS, STM v5.1.x

Stop the MySQL Service. This will automatically stop the Storage Manager Services.

Using CMD Prompt as Administrator, browse to the directory:
      C:\Program Files\SolarWinds\Storage Manager Server\mysql\data\storage

and run the command:
      for %i in (*.MYI) do ..\..\bin\myisamchk --defaults-file=..\..\my.cnf -c -r -a -v %i

Allow the repair to complete. This may take some time depending on the size of the database.

Start the MySQL Service. Start all the Storage Manager services.

--------

Unix based OS, STM 5.1.x

Stop all STM services: /usr/bin/storage_manager_server stop

Change to the mysql data directory (assuming it is installed in: /usr/Storage_Manager_Server/mysql/data/storage) cd /usr/Storage_Manager_Server_Server/mysql/data/storage

Run a full repair: ../ ../bin/myisamchk -v -r -a *.MYI

Start all services: /usr/bin/storage_manager_server start

----------

In addition to this you must change the following after first stopping the services:

Change the regional settings to English United States

Click on Customize this format... and ensure that punctuation is full stop and not comma on line 1:

Copy this setting to all user accounts (a server reboot will most likely be needed in order for the changes to take effect):

Tagged