3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2012 11:30 AM by cmgurley

No Interface Statistics Button?

ahthomas

I'm running Orion 10.2.1. When I go into "List Resources" for a device, I see a button up top above the resources labeled "No Interface Statistics." When I click on it, nothing happens. What does this button do, and is it normal for it to not do anything when clicked on?

• Re: No Interface Statistics Button?
          Michael Melton

If you expand the interfaces after you click that button you will notice that Traffic and Error statistics will be unchecked.

ahthomas

So if I wanted to choose this option for a switch that has 50 ports currently not being monitored, will this have any impact on SolarWinds' performance? What about more ports than that? We have some Cisco 6509's with a lot of switch ports.

cmgurley

If you choose that option, you won't get stats on those ports. You'll just see if they are up/down. My guess is that you wouldn't want to click that on your switches (I like to see stats--i.e. traffic/errors--on my switches).

As for impact on NPM performance, I have a couple 4506's with quite a few ports and a bunch of 4948s with 48 ports each, all gathering stats on all ports, and NPM is running great. My Orion server configs are below:

Orion application server (where my Orion family apps are installed):

• Running on VMware ESXi 5 (PowerEdge R810s)
                  • vCPU: 1
                  • RAM: 4GB
                  • HDD: 50GB (3PAR array)
                  • Apps: Orion NPM, NCM, UDT
                  Orion database server (just MSSQL installed):
                  • Running on VMware ESXi 5 (PowerEdge R810s)
                  • vCPU: 2
                  • RAM: 6GB
                  • HDD: 100GB (3PAR)
                  • DB: SQL Server 2008 Enterprise x64 (latest SP)
                  Total Nodes: 154; NPM Interfaces: 1316; UDT Interfaces: 1585
                  Hope that helps.