2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2012 4:20 PM by lchance

Is there any way to use a Custom Poller on the map yet?

lchance

I saw in 2010 where that would be in a future release, but I can't get it working. So, is there a way to place a Custom Poller on the map yet?

I have one for Active TCP Connections which I really need to get on an map made for an application view.

• Re: Is there any way to use a Custom Poller on the map yet?
          mavturner

lchance, unfortunately this has not been implemented yet. Custom properties can be added to tooltips so if you can synch the poller value to the custom property you could have it show up in the tooltip, but that's probably the only way to get that information there for now.

• Re: Is there any way to use a Custom Poller on the map yet?
              lchance

Mav,

Thanks for the reply. I've only used standard variables in those tooltips. How do I format the Custom Poller for TCP CONNECTIONS?

Here's the SQL from a report for that UnDP - maybe the answer is hidden in this:

SELECT SummaryDate,
              NodeName,
              Poller_Name,
              CAST(MAX_of_Status AS varchar) AS MAX_of_Status FROM (

SELECT  TOP 10000 Convert(DateTime,Floor(Cast((DateTime) as Float)),0) AS SummaryDate,
              Nodes.Caption AS NodeName,
              CustomNodePollers_CustomPollers.UniqueName AS Poller_Name,
              MAX(CAST(CustomNodePollerStatistics_CustomPollerStatistics.Status AS real)) AS MAX_of_Status
              FROM
              ((Nodes INNER JOIN CustomPollerAssignment CustomNodePollerAssignment_CustomPollerAssignment ON (Nodes.NodeID = CustomNodePollerAssignment_CustomPollerAssignment.NodeID))  INNER JOIN CustomPollerStatistics CustomNodePollerStatistics_CustomPollerStatistics ON (CustomNodePollerAssignment_CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerAssignmentID = CustomNodePollerStatistics_CustomPollerStatistics.CustomPollerAssignmentID))  INNER JOIN CustomPollers CustomNodePollers_CustomPollers ON (CustomNodePollerAssignment_CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerID = CustomNodePollers_CustomPollers.CustomPollerID)

WHERE
              ( DATEADD(hh, DATEDIFF(hh, GETUTCDATE(), GETDATE()) , DateTime) BETWEEN 40936 AND 40967 )
               AND 
              (
                (CustomNodePollers_CustomPollers.UniqueName LIKE 'ConnectionsCount%')
              )
              AND
              (
              (CustomNodePollerAssignment_CustomPollerAssignment.InterfaceID = 0)
              )

AND isnumeric(CustomNodePollerStatistics_CustomPollerStatistics.Status) = 1
              GROUP BY Convert(DateTime,Floor(Cast((DateTime) as Float)),0),
              Nodes.Caption, CustomNodePollers_CustomPollers.UniqueName

ORDER BY SummaryDate ASC, 2 ASC

) A UNION ALL
              SELECT SummaryDate,
              NodeName,
              Poller_Name,
              CAST(MAX_of_Status AS varchar) AS MAX_of_Status FROM (

SELECT  TOP 10000 Convert(DateTime,Floor(Cast((DateTime) as Float)),0) AS SummaryDate,
              Nodes.Caption AS NodeName,
              CustomNodePollers_CustomPollers.UniqueName AS Poller_Name,
              MAX(CustomNodePollerStatistics_CustomPollerStatistics.Status) AS MAX_of_Status
              FROM
              ((Nodes INNER JOIN CustomPollerAssignment CustomNodePollerAssignment_CustomPollerAssignment ON (Nodes.NodeID = CustomNodePollerAssignment_CustomPollerAssignment.NodeID))  INNER JOIN CustomPollerStatistics CustomNodePollerStatistics_CustomPollerStatistics ON (CustomNodePollerAssignment_CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerAssignmentID = CustomNodePollerStatistics_CustomPollerStatistics.CustomPollerAssignmentID))  INNER JOIN CustomPollers CustomNodePollers_CustomPollers ON (CustomNodePollerAssignment_CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerID = CustomNodePollers_CustomPollers.CustomPollerID)

WHERE
              ( DATEADD(hh, DATEDIFF(hh, GETUTCDATE(), GETDATE()) , DateTime) BETWEEN 40936 AND 40967 )
               AND 
              (
                (CustomNodePollers_CustomPollers.UniqueName LIKE 'ConnectionsCount%')
              )
              AND
              (
              (CustomNodePollerAssignment_CustomPollerAssignment.InterfaceID = 0)
              )