3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2012 9:21 AM by Fodome

Report for Business Hours

omot

Need help... how to create Report for Business Hours, based on ipMonitorAdministratorGuide.pdf I have to: "you need to add 5 time selections" but I see only 2 time selection so how can I add   3 more?

• Re: Report for Business Hours
          Fodome

Omot,

If you are looking for a report that will give you Monday to Friday from 9 - 5, you need to add 5 Time selections within the report.  (Feel free to remove the ones you currently have)

-Monday: Start This week, go forward 1 day, go forward 9 hours and include 8 hours.

-Tuesday: Start This week, go forward 2 days, go forward 9 hours and include 8 hours.

-Wednesday: Start This week, go forward 3 days, go forward 9 hours and include 8 hours.

-Thursday: Start This week, go forward 4 days, go forward 9 hours and include 8 hours.

-Friday: Start This week, go forward 5 days, go forward 9 hours and include 8 hours.

**Note: "This week" starts on Sunday morning.

Once you have these, you then need to add Report Elements (Graph, Table, etc) for every Time Selection.

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Chris Foley | Support Representative
          SolarWinds | IT Management, Inspired By You
          Support:866.530.8040 || Fax:512.857.0125

omot

Hi Chris,

thanks, yes this one works but only for week period , if you want to create monthly business report it's impossible because each month start in different day,  well it's but you will have to recreate whole time selection each month which is quite time consuming.  So unless I'm not right is there a way how to create monthly business report which can be used each month ?

Regards Tomas

Fodome

Hello Tomas,

You could build a report for business hours for last 4 weeks, however, you could not build a report for business hours for month of February (as an example).  This is due to the fact that you would have to "Start at this month", however there is no mechanism to tell it to start on a weekday.  This is an existing feature request.

Sincerely,

Chris Foley | Support Representative
                  SolarWinds | IT Management, Inspired By You
                  Support:866.530.8040 || Fax:512.857.0125