7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2012 9:20 AM by mharvey

Listing of all Volumes

purdue98

Is there a way to get a listing of all volumes and select multiple volumes to delete in NPM 10.2.2?

Thanks in advance.

• Re: Listing of all Volumes
          lchance

You might try using the CUSTOM PROPERTY EDITOR and select VOLUMES. You can select multiples and right click and select DELETE.

DanielleH

Try:

To Remove old Volume (and Interfaces)

Go into Settings> Manage Nodes, then you can expand out the Node,  select the Volumes (and Interfaces) that are no longer listed in List  Resources, and select Delete.

thestephan

I am interested in this too.

For example lets say I no longer want to monitor volume "/home" or "swap space" on 100 linux machines.

How can I do this without manually selecting each node, expanding and selecting that volume to delete?

It would be nice to have a drop down for Volumes under manage nodes instead of just nodes & interfaces.

mharvey

The fastest way to do something like this would be a SQL query against the Volumes table.  If the type is swap space then you'd run something like:

Delete From Volumes where VolumeType = 'swap space'

If you want to delete via a common name then you could use

Delete From Volumes Where Caption LIKE '%/home%'

Regards,

Matthew Harvey

Loop1 Systems

purdue98

The SQL Query worked.

Thanks Matthew.

mdriskell

This leads to a secondary question.....Nodes, Interfaces, & Volumes are all treated the same by NPM as they are all elements.  That being said why is it when you go to the manage node page can you only search by Nodes & Interfaces.  Not all users are comfortable doing a mass delete via SQL but without that option the only method for a user to accomplish this is by spending the arduous task of manually selecting each one and deleting it which is far from efficient.

mharvey

Mike,

I've asked the same question myself.  I'm not sure why Volumes was not added as an option under manage nodes, especially with the volumes being counted as managed elements.  It seems to be that it would be something that should be included.

Regards,

Matthew Harvey