This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Installation problem - SQL permissions

I'm trying to install the 30 day trial and I'm running into a problem with SQL permissions. The installer instructions state that it needs a domain account with sysadmin rights to the remote SQL server. I put in the credentials of an account with sysadmin and I get the following error code: checkserviceaccountforremotesql LogonUser error code: 0x569.

I verified the username and password. Are there additional SQL permissions required?

• Sorry for delay, I am checking into.

• Greetings.

The key here is not that it's an account that has Administrator rights on the operating system, but rather that it its a SQL Login that has been granted membership in the 'sysadmin' server role of SQL Server.

1. Create the SQL login for the domain account.

2. Open the SQL Login properties and in the server roles listing, check 'sysadmin'.

The account does NOT need to be a member of local Administrators on the machine hosting the SQL Server, only a member of the 'sysadmin' server role.

• The account in question is in the sysadmin role.

• I'd like to set up a GoToMeeting session so that I can see this as it occurs. There are no other SQL permissions to grant, as 'sysadmin' is full access.

Another possibility that could be related. The installer needs to validate the account that is created for the service, and to do that it must be able to query Active Directory. If the account you are installing from is not already a Domain Admin, it should prompt you for authorization credentials to query AD.

Watching the actual installation progress may be helpful in isolating the specific cause.

Also, there should be installation logfiles in the %ProgramFiles%\EminentWare\Server folder. If you can email them to me (trialsupport@eminentware.com) I might be able to get a better idea from the logfiles.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to LGarvin

I am having this exact same problem, but we have bought and paid for the software.

also there is nothing there in the %ProgramFiles%\EminentWare\Server folder

• sepiid since you are a customer, best method to resolution is to call and open a support ticket.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to bshopp

im on hold now and been on hold for an hour.

• Hi, there.

Sorry you've been waiting so long. An alternative method for contacting Support would be to submit a ticket and wait for a call-back or return email.

Once you have a ticket open, will you please post the ticket number here so we can track its progress? If this is a common issue, I want to be sure to document it.

Thanks.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

it appears that the initial install of Patch manager using a remote sql server the "service account" needs to have logon local access to the sql box

we created a new temp account that had logon local access and was sysadmin on the sql box

performed the install and basic config of the patch manager server

once that was complete we closed the console and shutdown th datagrid service with a "net stop ewdgs"

we then went to regedit

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EminentWare\Data Grid Service\Roles\Application\Data]

and we cleared the contents of the MEKey and MPKey item (we only removed the data for them not the key it self.

we then wen to services.msc and found the EminentWare Data Grid Server service and modified log on account used in the log on tab to the service account we configured for this purpose.

we then restarted the service

once Patchmanager opened backup we navigated to EW system configuration>security and user management

once in there we selected the accounts put in and did a change password and retyped the password.

and that was it! we are back up and running.