This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

New UDT polling jobs (3) are still running

Hi,

I have this message very often 

New UDT polling jobs (3) are still running..

I keep extending the polling interval (I was at 120 minutes and now 500) but still get this message.

What does this message means exactly and how do I fix it ?

Second question, I have an additionnal poller, can I put the UDT charge of certain devices to this poller ?

Thank you

• Hi,

please try to increase 'Layer 2 Job Timeout' and 'Layer 3 Job Timeout' values on UDT Advanced Settings page instead of extending polling interval. I guess there are some jobs that always timeouts (the reason may be slow device?) and thus never finished, so this notification considers them still as 'new'. Can you please go to UDT Job Status page and check if there are any jobs with LastRun value of '1899-12-30 01:00:00' to confirm this?

UDT automatically uses the polling engine node is assigned to. So for example if you have some nodes in NPM on your additional poller and put those nodes into UDT, UDT will also use this additional poller.

• I changed the time out to 20 minutes....didn't get the message again...I'll wait a couple of days to see if it's ok

I don't have jobs with this last run value so I suppose all jobs have run at least one time

thanks for both your answers !

• Hi Dentifrice

Would like to know if the issue got resolved after u increased the timeout.

• hi Bedrich.Michalek

I actually increased the timeout value from 15 to 20 min. But i also see some nodes with last run time 1899-12-30 01:00:00.

What should i do for this?

• I actually managed to get a query to find out on which Polling engine the failures are happening. And i just gave a reboot on the server and it resolved the issue.

This is the query which i had got from community:

use NetPerfMon;
    select b.nodeid,b.engineid,c.ServerName,COUNT(*) numberOfFailures
    from udt_job a,nodes b,Engines c
    where a.NodeID=b.nodeid
    and b.engineid = c.engineid
    and a.JobLastResult = 0
    group by b.nodeid,b.engineid,c.ServerName