4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2012 8:24 AM by Venkatesh.Ayyala

Configuration Backup window in Backup Profiler

drxbob

hello togehter,

I'm new here so I hope I can explain my issue correctly.

I have installed StorageManager 5.1.2 succesfully. I have 6 Backup Servers which I have to monitor, they backup with EMC Legato. I don't really know how I have to configure the Backup window for each server regarding the time zones for example. I'm in Germany and I have servers in Nicaragua, USA, Germany, Poland, Rumania and China. I can define a backup window global in the server config. And I can define one for each Backup Server. Does every time config refer to local time or to my german time?

Hope someone can help me. Perhaps someone can speak german too :)

thanks

• Re: Configuration Backup window in Backup Profiler
          Venkatesh.Ayyala

Hi!

I believe you are talking about 6 Backup Master servers(type: EMC Legato) which reside on different locations.

If that is the case, you have the option to set "time zone" along with "backup window" of the respective backup master server.

Let me know if you have any queries further.

Thanks,

Venkatesh.

Venkatesh.Ayyala

I have attached the image to make it clear.

drxbob

Hi :)

thanks for the quick help. Yes you are right. 6 servers in different locations. What do you mean with "time zone" along with "backup window" ? You defined a window of 24 hours (picture above). In the documentation is written I should choose the window close to my real backup time. 2 Examples: In China I have set the window of the BU Server to 9 PM to 6 AM. Time zone is china std time. In USA I have the same window but time zone is zentral std time. I also tryed the german time which fits to this US time window (3am to 12am). Additionally I can define a window in the global server settings. And when I check clients from for example USA, they dont have the US time but the german time. I really dont know why. Does every time setting refer to the local time?

one other topic I discovered today. I got on my german backup server following error message:

Severity:  Critical

Host:  --------

Event: No file or directory by the specified saveset name.

No file or directory by the specified saveset name

Details:

tek-tools.10.1 = <FQDN of BU-Server>:bootstrap connect to SMTP host failed: No such file or directory

tek-tools.10.2 = Feb 21 21:48:59

Suggested Action: Make sure the saveset is named correctly and that it is available on the client machine

Did you see this before? I even dont get data from this server in profiler.

By the way. Is Storage Manager and Backup Profiler the same? The setup seems to be the same.

Thank you very much,

Dominic