This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SSH to Extreme Switch fails, "Server signature does not match"

Hi all,

I'm trying to configure our SolarWinds CatTools 3.6 (Enterprise) to backup the configuration of our Extreme Switches (Summit X350).

Unfortunately I get an error when trying to connect to the switch, the following is from the Info Log:

"Failed to connect to <ip address>. Reason: (30015) Server signature does not match.. Giving up after 3 connection attempts."

These are new switches so there shouldn't be any old signatures, and that shouldn't be the problem anyway, right?

I can connect to the switch with putty.

I have three different ssh connection methods to choose from in the device configuration; SSH2, Extreme SSH2 and SSH2-nopty. I am a bit unsure about the difference between them but I have tried them all without succeeding.

Telnet works (if I allow it), but we need to use SSH.

Does anyone recognise this problem?

Please let me know if you need any more information from me.

Best regards,

Daniel

• Hi Daniel,

I've seen this come up just once before (internal REF: FB63912 / NS 244050) but while I was going back and forth troubleshooting with the customer, the issue suddenly went away and neither I nor the customer were able to determine the cause or what changed to make it go away.

I have a connection tester tool which I'll send you offline so we can perform some troubleshooting and hopefully determine what the issue may be.

Regards,

Steve

• Hi Steve,

Thanks, although I should have mentioned here that I went ahead and started a support ticket regarding this.

I have recieved that connection tester from the support technician and will try it as soon as possible, hopefully today.

I will update this thread if we find any solution.

Regards,

Daniel

• OK no worries Daniel.  I'll leave you in the capable hands of support for now.

Can you provide the support ticket reference #, so I can liaise with the support rep?

Thanks,

Steve

• Ok.. Suddenly it works for me as well. Strange.

I will send you the ticket number.

Regards,

Daniel