This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

PopUp handling in SEUM

FormerMember
FormerMember

Hi,

we run into a couple issues with popups in the SEUM recorder.

As I heard the recorder and player uses the core of Internet Explorer. So we allowed popups for our sites and also disabled popup blocker but unfortunataly we still get the warning message that a popup was blocked, even if we see the popup as a new window in the recorder where it states that this window was opened in a new window.

We tried different user accounts, recording online and offline and from different clients but no solution at all.

How can we get rid of all these warning message and allow popups. This is very important thing at the moment and is the "nogo" to buy that tool.

Eike

• exact,

could you please post a screenshot? I am not sure I understand the issue. Another thing you could do is to escalate the issue to your sales representative.

Thanks,

Michal

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to michalB

Hi,

attached the screenshot.

what you see in the recorder window is actually the popup.

Eike

• Hello exact,
    I can just assume without actually seeing how application is working but here is my assumption.

Website opens new window using for example Javascript window.open(). This triggers new window opening in IE. Normally IE opens new window and returns "true" from window.open(). However in SEUM recorder we need to handle windows by ourselves so we must return "false" from window.open() and then open window inside SEUM recorder. Your website receives "false" return value and thinks that window is not opened and displays this alert message.

Now there are two options:

1. If your page just displays this alert message but works correctly if you click on "OK", just click on "OK" and continue recording. Alert message should be handled automatically during playback.
    2. If your page doesn't work correctly when alert message is confirmed, I'm afraid that there is currently no workaround for this. SEU Recorder can't return "true" for new window because it would trigger this new window in new Internet Explorer instance.

Try suggestion in step 1 and let us know if it helps or not. If not, we can try some online meeting to look at your specific application and maybe we can find some solution for this.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to jiri.tomek

Hi,

option 1 does not work for us since the popup asks you, if you ant to delete the previous booking but since it not get the result back, that the popup window was opened, it is not doing anything.

Anyway thanks for the information that explains why we facing that problem. So we take a llok at the tool in the future maybe you have a solution for that things a future release.

Eike

• Hello exact,

would you be interested in us looking into the issue in your environment? Or is it possible to get some testing account for the site so that we can investigate the issue directly from our side?

It is possible that there is some workaround for you that allows you to use our product. We would really like to help you with this.

• How about error handling for this type of pop-up?  Thank you.

Capture.PNG

• By error handling what exactly do you mean? This pop-up is likely javascript based and does not open a new browser window like the parent issue so you should not have any problem interacting with it.

• Hello lateforwork2,

if you mean random popups with surveys, this is currently not handled in SEUM. It would require some kind of conditions in recording which is something we are considering for some future release but right now recording must be straightforward and page must be consistent during playbacks.

• Yes Random pop-ups.  I'd have to say about 25% of the sites I visit have some sort of survey pop up or Christmas special taking over the whole page.  I don't see this tool being useful for many of the things I'd like to record, if it doesn't get added, its a shame I purchased it.

• As a possible workaround if you manage to catch this at the right time when the pop-up occurs you can enable X/Y mode to click the "X" in the top right of the popup. This should close the window when/if it appears and have no effect on the rest of the recording if it doesn't. Then disable X/Y mode and continue recording the rest of the transaction.