This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NTA not showing ALL realtime data

Hi,

I've noticed that when copying a file from one network to another, NTA doesn't show the file copy in real-time.  Rather, it waits until the file copy/download has complete, then shows a spike on the graph in the minute that the download completed, as though a 1 GB download completed in less than a minute across a 10Mb WAN link (normally takes around 15mins to copy if no other traffic on the link). 

It seems that other data such as Citrix ICA/Voip connections are recorded in realtime, however I can't be 100% sure that it is accurate. 

I've attached a PDF with some images

Image 1: "NPM Interface Stats during file copy" is an image taken of the interface stats for the router indicating that it is downloading at 100% of the link speed (10Mbps)

Image 2: "NTA during file copy" is an image of the Top5 protocols graph which remains at around the 2-3Mbps mark.  Given that the link is currently saturated as per image 1, I would expect this to be topping out at 10Mbps consistently... not just the 1 peak (which appears to have been another users download completing). 

Image 3: "NTA after file copy" is an image taken 3 minutes after the file copy completes... notice the massive spike.  The reason for waiting 3 minutes also seems to be an issue where it can take 2-3 minutes for the data to come through and be reported by NTA. 

Has anyone experience this sort of delay/non-realtime update before?

Cheers!