This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Additional Poller License

Hi -

Have NPM SLX running with one poller.  We reached 18k elements and I have been informed the limit is 12k elements per poller, so need to add a 2nd poller.  Is there another license needed for a 2nd poller?

j

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Yes, that's an additional license - for more info see the Scalability page below:
    http://www.solarwinds.com/products/orion/scalability/

• Hi - confused.  Do I need another SLX license or a failover enginer?

• Third Tab in the above link.  "Additional Polling Engine" It Extends your primary SLX funtionality to handle more elements. Assume each polling engine (one on the primary server "SLX", and any additional polling engine) can each support about 10,000 elements.

Failover Polling Engine is a hot standby when its associated Polling engine (SLX primary or additional polling engine) fails.

If you wanted to monitor your devices from different locations or due to policy restrictions (management scope), then you would purchase a separate SLX. If you needed to view multiple SLX installations in a single reporting pane of glass you owuld need the Orion Entrprise Operations Console.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to jon0966

Apologies! I should have pointed out its the Additional Poller you would be looking for of course.

Main Poller has SLX license and then Additional Pollers can be purchased. You never have two SLX Main Pollers on the same site as this causes issues.

So you can have a Main Poller (SLX license) and (one or more) Additional Pollers.

The FailOver Engine is for High Availability of an individual poller (Main or Additional).