6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2016 4:25 AM by yatinkulkarni

Wireless SSID Report

jonchill

I've tried creating a report that dispalys the number of clients per SSID, I presume it can be done as it shows which SSID a client is connected to but I've been unable to get the report to display anything.

Has anyone created a report that displays the total no. of clients per SSID or can anyone give me some help in creating it?

Thanks

Jon

• Re: Wireless SSID Report
          jlinkowsky

I was able to create a report, but I cannot choose the timeframe for this report.  I can only create it as an 'inventory' report.  I would like to have it by SSID, and choose a specific timeframe (monthly, custom, yearly, etc..).

No luck, and seems that there are no reports in the forum doing it either.

John L.

zzz

Look into NPM_NV_WL_CLIENTS_V

That table contains the data for each client and has things like Client_SSID and Client_MAC to help create your table. Restrict LastUpdate to specify the timeframe.

Note that I'm not sure how accurate NPM_NV_WL_CLIENTS_V is as historic data. NPM_NV_WL_REPORT_CLIENTS_V contains the throughput at each interval which it is polled (default 10 min) and has many more client names/macs (it does not have however, the SSID and other info that the other table has).

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              rscreed92

I just shared a report on Content exchange that might help you.  Look for this in content exchange.

Total_Number_of_User_per_SSIDs.OrionReport

yatinkulkarni

Hi,

I am trying following query but getting error.

SELECT  TOP 10000 Convert(DateTime,Floor(Cast((DateTime) as Float)),0) AS SummaryDate,

NPM_NV_WL_REPORT_APS_V.AP_Name AS Name,

NPM_NV_WL_REPORT_APS_V.Controller AS Controller,

NPM_NV_WL_Clients_V.SSID AS SSID,

Nodes.VendorIcon AS Vendor_Icon,

Nodes.NodeID AS NodeID,

NPM_NV_WL_REPORT_APS_V.IPAddress AS IP_Address,

AVG(NPM_NV_WL_REPORT_APS_V.ClientsCount) AS AVERAGE_of_Avg_Clients_Count,

MAX(NPM_NV_WL_REPORT_APS_V.ClientsCount_MAX) AS MAX_of_Max_Clients_Count,

NPM_NV_WL_APS_V.RecordID AS RecordID

FROM

NPM_NV_WL_REPORT_APS_V

INNER JOIN NPM_NV_WL_APS_V ON

(NPM_NV_WL_REPORT_APS_V.NodeID = NPM_NV_WL_APS_V.NodeID AND NPM_NV_WL_REPORT_APS_V.RecordID = NPM_NV_WL_APS_V.RecordID)

INNER JOIN NPM_NV_WL_Clients_V ON

(NPM_NV_WL_Clients_V.SSID AS SSID)

INNER JOIN Nodes ON (NPM_NV_WL_APS_V.NodeID = Nodes.NodeID)

WHERE

( DateTime BETWEEN 39901 AND 39908.9583333333 )

GROUP BY Convert(DateTime,Floor(Cast((DateTime) as Float)),0),

NPM_NV_WL_REPORT_APS_V.AP_Name, NPM_NV_WL_REPORT_APS_V.Controller, Nodes.VendorIcon, Nodes.NodeID, NPM_NV_WL_REPORT_APS_V.IPAddress, NPM_NV_WL_APS_V.RecordID, NPM_NV_WL_Clients_V.SSID AS SSID

ORDER BY SummaryDate ASC

Any clue on this?

Best Regards,

Yatin