This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Post upgrade no LWAP devices are displaying

We recently upgrade NPM to 10.2.1 on version 10.1.2 the Wireless component was accurately displaying our LightWeight Access points and controllers.  Post upgrade no Cisco controllers are being inventoried.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

• The fix was to reload all of the Cisco LWAP controllers.

This is the first time we needed to reload a controller device because of a NMS.  Not happy with this solution SW.

• I have asked and it does not look like we have encountered this issue in the past. Did you open a case for this?

Might be worth doing it and loading diags so we can take a look.

• I have asked and it does not look like we have encountered this issue in the past. Did you open a case for this?

Might be worth doing it and loading diags so we can take a look.

Thank You for doing a behind the scenes investigation.  I resolved the problem by moving LWAPs to another controller and back again, with no + result.  The next attempt was a controller recycle and this provided positive results.  So I followed this on the other controllers.  Now the NPM and the controllers are properly responding with the LWAPs

• I contacted support for a different issue (list resources stopped working). The solution i was given also fixed the wireless Thin client issue:

1. Login to your Orion server as a local administrator. Stop all Orion services from Orion Service Manager.

Replace Job Engine v1
    2. Go to C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\JobEngine\Data\JobEngine35.sdf file and rename it to JobEngine35_OLD.sdf
    3. Then create a copy of C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\JobEngine\Data\JobEngine35 - Blank.sdf one and rename it to JobEngine35.sdf.
    4. This way you have the old one to revert back to and you always have a blank copy in case issue reoccurs.
    5. Right click on properties of the JobEngine35.sdf you have created and untick the read only box and click ok.

REPLACE JOB ENGINE V2
    2. Go to C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\JobEngineV2\Data\JobEngine35.sdf file and rename it to JobEngine35_OLD.sdf
    3. Then create a copy of C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\JobEngineV2\Data\JobEngine35 - Blank.sdf one and rename it to JobEngine35.sdf.
    4. This way you have the old one to revert back to and you always have a blank copy in case issue reoccurs.
    5. Right click on properties of the JobEngine35.sdf you have created and untick the read only box and click ok.

REPLACE JOB TRACKER
    2. Go to C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\Collector\Data\JobTracker.sdf file and rename it to JobTracker_OLD.sdf
    3. Then create a copy of C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\Collector\Data\JobTracker - Blank.sdf one and rename it to JobTracker.sdf.
    5. Right click on properties of the JobTracker.sdf you have created and untick the read only box and click ok.

REPLACE POLLING COLLECTOR
    2. Go to C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\Collector\Data\PollingController.sdf file and rename it to PollingController_OLD.sdf
    3. Then create a copy of C:\ProgramData\Solarwinds\Collector\Data\PollingController - Blank.sdf one and rename it to PollingController.sdf.
    5. Right click on properties of the PollingController.sdf you have created and untick the read only box and click ok.

When all above is finished:
    6. Restart all Orion Services

• Thanks for your response Joe.

I'm glad your problems were resolved.  Your issues and mine seem like an implementation / installation issue.

I also needed to rename / replace a few files also to fix web and application issues.