5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2012 8:54 AM by rcahill

House of Blues

rcahill

Post upgrade to 10.2.1 we are experiencing multiple issues.

When ever I need to fix a problem we get web or db errors like the following.

Unexpected Website Error

d:\InetPub\SolarWinds\Orion\APM\Admin\EditApplication.aspx.cs(8): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Orion_APM_Admin_UploadHandlingPage' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

We can no longer fix someting on the order of 35 fixes post upgrade.  Is anyone else in the House of 10.2 Blues?

• Re: House of Blues
          fcaron

Have you open a case (or several) about this?

Does this happen when you do something on APM since you upgraded NPM to 10.2.1?

Will ping people internally and post back what I found.

rcahill

Have you open a case (or several) about this?

Does this happen when you do something on APM since you upgraded NPM to 10.2.1?

Will ping people internally and post back what I found.

Yes I have, except the tech is more interested in determining our SQL server practices then on determining the error source.

Honestly, we went from 10.1.2 to 10.1.3, upgraded APM to 4.2? to NPM 10.2.1.  Since this was the upgrade road map I did not stop to fully QA.  The web site loaded I accessed 3-4 devices and went on to the next step on the road.   It wasn't until I loaded NCM 7.0.1 and everything went haywire and required some serious attention that I started to realize there were deeper issues.

Petr Vilem

Please go to d:\InetPub\SolarWinds\Orion\APM\Admin folder and check if there are following files:

• ApplicationTemplates-Old.aspx
              • ApplicationTemplates-Old.aspx.cs

If yes delete them and try reloading Edit application page.

If this does not help, you can try modification of EditApplication.aspx & EditApplicationTemplate.aspx files adding missing reference:

Locate this line in both files:

<%@ Register Src="~/Orion/APM/Admin/EditApplicationBaseSettings.ascx" TagPrefix="apm" TagName="EditApplicationBaseSettings" %>

and add this line after it:

<%@ Reference Page="~/Orion/APM/Admin/UploadHandlingPage.aspx" %>

Note that running Configuration Wizard with checked "Website" option will revert all these modifications back to original state.

rcahill

Please go to d:\InetPub\SolarWinds\Orion\APM\Admin folder and check if there are following files:

If this does not help, you can try modification of EditApplication.aspx & EditApplicationTemplate.aspx files adding missing reference:

Locate this line in both files:

<%@ Register Src="~/Orion/APM/Admin/EditApplicationBaseSettings.ascx" TagPrefix="apm" TagName="EditApplicationBaseSettings" %>

and add this line after it:

<%@ Reference Page="~/Orion/APM/Admin/UploadHandlingPage.aspx" %>

Note that running Configuration Wizard with checked "Website" option will revert all these modifications back to original state.

Thanks I try this when I get to work and post an update

rcahill

I renamed the two above files, reloaded the web pages and was able to access the device page.  Tested thee systems so far

Thank You