This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

30 minute average of Response Time

I'm having some difficulty putting together a query that will pull down 30 minute average response times for each of my nodes. I would like the average to be calculated as a moving average. The window size for the moving average would be 5 minutes.

The problem I'm running into is the ResponseTime.DateTime column. NPM stores the response time datetime column as the day, hour, minute and second NPM got the response back. I don't know how to count time up to 5 minutes and average those records, and then for all of the 5 min avgs I have, average them up to 30 minute intervals. And then spit them into a report.

My polling interval is set to 60 seconds, so I have a record of response time every minute (except for the first month of my data when I had it set to 120 seconds).

The pseudo code would be something like:

foreach node {

select responseTime.dateTime as DateTime

select responseTime.NodeID

select responseTime.AvgResponseTime

for every 5 minutes of records selected {

FiveMinAvg = avg(responseTime.AvgResponseTime)

for every 30 minutes of records selected {

ThirtyMinRolling = avg(x)

}

}

}

<do some time operation to spit the DateTime column into 30 minute intervals>

group stuff

Any report wizards have suggestions? Thanks for you time.

EDIT: I don't need a moving average. I just need the 30 minute average. I realized it doesn't change much in terms of smoothing.