This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

WAN connectivity gauge?

I have Orion and I'm struggling to understand how to best determine what is happening between 2 of my production facilities... Both facilities have Cisco ASA5510's a simple site to site VPN between them.  Both sites are monitored by my Orion NPM and Netflow server.

I have a 30Mbps fiber handoff from TWCable in California and a 3Mbps bonded pair of T1's in Virginia.  I have an automated process that day in and day out copies data from California to Virginia (24/7/365).

Over the last several days the speed at which i can copy data has become widely inconsistent.  Copy jobs minutes apart can range in transfer rates from 150Kbps to over 2800Kbps.

I selected the external interface on the Cisco ASA5510 in Virginia but don't understand what i'm seeing... While monitoring several hundred megabytes of file copies I only see a portion in the "Top 5 Conversations" report and the utilization graph for the External Interface of the Firewall is off somehow...