3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2012 11:03 AM by Tomas Mrkvicka

network discovery ignore errors

Lt.Ripley

When attempting to add items to the discovery ignore list, we keep getting an error "Ignoring discovery interface X failed".  I've seen similar errors when the items we've marked (for import or ignore) are no longer there and the page just wasn't refreshed, but this is on a newly discovered list of nodes.  Anyone seen this before?  Anyone know how to fix?

• Re: network discovery ignore errors
          Tomas Mrkvicka

Are there any additional details for this error? Which version of NPM do you have?

Lt.Ripley

Sorry, I should have included all of that information.  We're running NPM 10.2 (with APM 4.2 SP1).  The error is very short.  Just a "Message from webpage" dialog box that says "Ignoring discovery interface failed", but no other details, and nothing apparent in the eventlog.  I have seen that message before when an object has already been ignored or imported without refreshing the discovery page, but these are happening on newly discovered systems.

Most of the items that I'm trying to ignore are just network interfaces or volumes we do not want to monitor (like a tcp loopback, or an NFS share in Unix).  This isn't a showstopper but it would help me clean up our network discoveries if I could get this resolved.  Any thoughts are welcome.

Tomas Mrkvicka

I am afraid without diagnostics from your system we are probably not able to answer why it is happen. So there are two ways how to solve it - you can either create support ticket and include diagnostics into it or (if you are aware of out log files) go to our log files, try get additional information from them and paste them here.

Second option is suitable especially for very advanced users (who already know lot of Orion in general) so feel free to use first option. In that case  don't forget paste support ticket number here for tracking purposes. Even it is not showstopper for you we will appreciate possibility to look at it.