6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2012 4:23 AM by Disturbedguy

Orion change tracking

Disturbedguy

Hi all,

I know this has been brought up before and that we were told it is something in the pipelines, however I was wondering whether it has actually been implemented.  If not is there an idea of when it will be available?  

Thanks in advance

• Re: Orion change tracking
          Disturbedguy

Does anyone have any feedback on this?

Disturbedguy

So is it that people don't know whether this is coming or are people now just being ignorant?

MTorok

This has been marked for PM, but I will also send a note over to the product management folks.

mavturner

Hi Disturbedguy, I apologize for the delay in anyone responding to your question. 

This is a feature we know customers are interested in, but it is not something we are actively working on today. We have other items that are unfortunately a higher priority. However, as part of our work to make sure we know what our customers want, I am very interested in talking with you about the specific details you would like to see in this and how you would use the data. I'm assuming you want audit events for all events (ex: node added, node unmanaged, interface managed, account added, etc.), but I would like to make sure we document your primary use cases and what you want to do with the information (so it's easy for you to find it it reports or alerts or just a large filterable events page).

Thanks,

Mav

jhay317

I would also be interested in providing feedback on the change tracking.  It would be nice to see who made what change.  For us it would be mostly around looking at the events and maybe some reports for node/interface added or deleted.

Disturbedguy

Hi Mav,

Thanks for the reply.

Our primary goal will be as you assumed, to audit events, but particular user initiated changes.  By this I mean we want to be able to view of log of changes made by a user, for us it would be beneficial if it included adding a node, removing a node, adding interfaces, removing interfaces, adding volumes, removing volumes etc and if possible changes made to alerts.

We would use this information to perform audits on who is performing what work, this will then allow us to check the work in the Orion logs against any changes we have logged, this would be to stop users making changes to Orion without informing people first and if required produce a report with the information.

Thanks,

DG