1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 3, 2012 10:48 AM by rjenk

Configuring Nortel devices for use with Orion NTA

acgarcia

Hi Guys,

I wanted to have my Nortel/Avaya Core Switch with details below as NTA source. I read thru the KB and came across this:

Configuring Nortel devices for use with Orion NTA

Nortel has provided an IPFIX Technical Configuration Guide to assist in the configuration of your Nortel IPFIX-enabled devices.

but when I click on the link, it says server not found. Maybe the data has been moved to a different location. Any help on this?

These are the details for my switch:

! Base model = Ethernet Routing Switch 5650TD

! Base Software version = v6.2.3.010

!Stack Base Unit = 1

! Stack info:

!Unit# Switch Model     Pluggable Pluggable Pluggable Pluggable SW Version

!                         Port      Port      Port      Port             

!----- ---------------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ----------

!1     5650TD           (49) SR   (50) None                     v6.2.3.010

!2     5650TD           (49) SR   (50) None                     v6.2.3.010

!

Thanks and best regards,

Aaron C. Garcia

• Re: Configuring Nortel devices for use with Orion NTA
          rjenk

Here are the configuration details that I use on our 5520 switches.  I monitor our uplink ports out of the stack.

Note: This is from a three switch stack where we are monitoring 1/48 and 2/48.  We also use the default aging and export options.  I also put comments in brackets.

ip ipfix slot 1 aging-interval 86400 export-interval 50 exporter-enable template-refresh-interval 1800 template-refresh-packets 10000  [slot is actually the switch number and this is configured for each switch in stack even if you do not collect from a port on the switch]

ip ipfix slot 2 aging-interval 86400 export-interval 50 exporter-enable template-refresh-interval 1800 template-refresh-packets 10000

ip ipfix slot 3 aging-interval 86400 export-interval 50 exporter-enable template-refresh-interval 1800 template-refresh-packets 10000

ip ipfix collector 1 #.#.#.# enable  [where #.#.#.# is IP of Orion Server collecting data]

ip ipfix collector 2 #.#.#.# enable  [same as above]

interface FastEthernet all

ip ipfix port 1/48,2/48 enable  [enables collection on the selected ports]

no ip ipfix port 1/1-47,2/1-47,31-48 enable  [turns off collection on all other ports]

ip ipfix enable  [enables ipfix on the stack]

Hope that helps.