CatTools provides a utility command to increase the wait time (timeout) for a command response: %ctUM: Timeout XX
See the on-line help file at: http://www.kiwisyslog.com/help/cattools/act_metactumcommand.htm.
In order to use this with your backup TFTP activity, you need to set the activity to use a specified command list.
You do this as follows:
1) In the Options tab of your activity, uncheck the File to write to TFTP Server: option. This will enable to command list box at the top of the Options tab.
2) In the command list box, enter the following commands on separate lines (the first command %ctUM: Timeout 100 will give you a timeout of 100 seconds for the data to be returned):
- %ctUM: Timeout 100
- transfer upload mode tftp
- transfer upload datatype config
- transfer upload serverip [enter here the ip of the CatTools system]
- transfer upload path /
- transfer upload filename %ctDeviceName.txt
- transfer upload start
3) Ensure you have the Answer [yes] to any confirmation prompts option checked/enabled.
Give this a go and let me know how you get on.
Thanks for the help.
I tried the command list and didn't get any timeouts. The tftp copy also finished successfully.
But I'm still getting an error message that the TFTP Backup fails:
2011-12-21 11:10:08 4-Debug 1 BNWLC001 Y/N encountered
2011-12-21 11:10:08 4-Debug 1 BNWLC001 Sending Y
2011-12-21 11:11:19 4-Debug 0 CatTools Service New TFTP session started from host 10.100.30.20
2011-12-21 11:11:21 3-Info 1 BNWLC001 Backup via TFTP results: Failed
2011-12-21 11:11:26 4-Debug 0 CatTools Service TFTP session to host 10.136.30.20 has finished
2011-12-21 11:11:27 4-Debug 1 BNWLC001 Disconnecting from BNWLC000
2011-12-21 11:11:27 4-Debug 1 BNWLC001 Disconnected from 10.136.30.20
2011-12-21 11:11:30 3-Info 0 CatTools Service All threads have finished. Now processing results...
2011-12-21 11:11:30 2-Warning 0 CatTools Manager The Service is unresponsive.
2011-12-21 11:11:32 3-Info 0 CatTools Manager The Service is available.
2011-12-21 11:11:37 3-Info 0 CatTools Service Run Now activity has completed
The activity doesn't generate a current running config file from the copied config and also doesn't compare files.
Do you have any idea what the reason for this error is?