This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Adding CPU/Memory Resource

Hello,

I have two identical Riverbed Steelheads added to NPM.  When they were initially added, I specified CPU & Memory (along with a few interfaces) as monitored elements to one but not the other.  I would now like to add CPU & Memory for monitoring to the first, but the option does not show up in the resource list.

I have been collecting NTA data from both for quite some time and prefer not to delete and re-add the device to get this information - I'm guessing I would lose the history if I delete the device.

Is there another method to re-add CPU and Memory to the list of available resources?

Thanks

• I am not at all sure what happened here.

I had tried rediscovering the device in the past and it didn't change anything.  When I rediscovered again today, the device showed as "Up" but with a red indicator.  Hovering over the device had no indication of what the problem was.  I could not find any alerts/events/messages associated with this device.  When I hovered over the device in NTA, it said "one or more interfaces are down".  I checked the status of all the interfaces and none that were being monitored showed being down.

I logged into the Steelhead to take a look around.  Everything looked proper for the interfaces but I when I looked at the SNMP settings, I noticed the read community string was blank.  I put the community string back in and saved the configuration than ran another rediscover from Orion.  The "red" condition was gone and when I listed the resources the CPU/Memory box was displayed.

Since it appeared to be community string problem, I looked back at interface statistics expecting to see collection gaps - none exist.

I am now collecting CPU and Memory utilization.