I am not at all sure what happened here.
I had tried rediscovering the device in the past and it didn't change anything. When I rediscovered again today, the device showed as "Up" but with a red indicator. Hovering over the device had no indication of what the problem was. I could not find any alerts/events/messages associated with this device. When I hovered over the device in NTA, it said "one or more interfaces are down". I checked the status of all the interfaces and none that were being monitored showed being down.
I logged into the Steelhead to take a look around. Everything looked proper for the interfaces but I when I looked at the SNMP settings, I noticed the read community string was blank. I put the community string back in and saved the configuration than ran another rediscover from Orion. The "red" condition was gone and when I listed the resources the CPU/Memory box was displayed.
Since it appeared to be community string problem, I looked back at interface statistics expecting to see collection gaps - none exist.
I am now collecting CPU and Memory utilization.