4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 28, 2012 12:22 PM by solarwooky

SQL Report on multiple Universal Device Pollers

robguent

I have created UDP's to get slot hardware and serials from cisco routers from the entPhysicalTable mib. The values are in the status field of Orion.

(1) How do I get to report more than one UDP in a SQL report? Everything that is within one row of a mib table should be logically reported within one row of an SQL report. With the current structure in Orion this seems not possible or do I miss something.

The table UDP view on the website works at least and it would be great to get it into SQL reports like this as well.

(2) in SQL I cannot use some filtering on the status UDP field. eg. IS NOT EMPTY would be quite feasible, as a lot of the slot will not be used; however it always reports all field when used also the empty ones. On the other hand filtering on entries that only start with "N" works like a charm. Any ideas?

• Re: SQL Report on multiple Universal Device Pollers
          robguent

To elaborate I attach an SQL report:

SELECT  TOP 10000
              Nodes.MachineType AS Machine_Type,
              Nodes.Region AS Region,
              Nodes.NetworkName AS NetworkName,
              Nodes.SPID AS SPID,
              Nodes.Caption AS NodeName,
              Nodes.IOSVersion AS IOS_Version,
              CustomNodePollers_CustomPollers.UniqueName AS Poller_Name,
              CustomNodePollerStatistics_CustomPollerStatistics.Status AS Status,
              MAX(DATEADD(hh, DATEDIFF(hh, GETUTCDATE(), GETDATE()) , CustomNodePollerStatistics_CustomPollerStatistics.DateTime))
                  AS MAX_of_DateTime,
              Nodes.NodeID AS NodeID

FROM
              ((Nodes INNER JOIN CustomPollerAssignment CustomNodePollerAssignment_CustomPollerAssignment
              ON (Nodes.NodeID = CustomNodePollerAssignment_CustomPollerAssignment.NodeID)) 
                      INNER JOIN CustomPollerStatistics CustomNodePollerStatistics_CustomPollerStatistics
                      ON (CustomNodePollerAssignment_CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerAssignmentID =
                          CustomNodePollerStatistics_CustomPollerStatistics.CustomPollerAssignmentID)) 
                          INNER JOIN CustomPollers CustomNodePollers_CustomPollers
                          ON (CustomNodePollerAssignment_CustomPollerAssignment.CustomPollerID =
                              CustomNodePollers_CustomPollers.CustomPollerID)

WHERE
              (Nodes.Vendor = 'cisco') AND
              (CustomNodePollers_CustomPollers.UniqueName = 'Module') AND
              --Last 70 minutes
              --(datetime between dateadd(n,-70,getdate()) and getdate()) AND
              --
          --    (CustomNodePollerStatistics_CustomPollerStatistics."RowID" > '11') AND
          --    (CustomNodePollerStatistics_CustomPollerStatistics."RowID" < '22') AND
              (
                  (CustomNodePollerStatistics_CustomPollerStatistics.Status LIKE  'S%') OR
                  (CustomNodePollerStatistics_CustomPollerStatistics.Status LIKE  'N%') OR
                  (CustomNodePollerStatistics_CustomPollerStatistics.Status LIKE  'H%') OR
                  (CustomNodePollerStatistics_CustomPollerStatistics.Status LIKE  'W%') OR
                  (CustomNodePollerStatistics_CustomPollerStatistics.Status LIKE  'F%')
              )
          --    AND (CustomNodePollerStatistics_CustomPollerStatistics.Status IS NOT NULL)
          --    AND (CustomNodePollerAssignment_CustomPollerAssignment.InterfaceID = 0)

GROUP BY
              Nodes.MachineType,
              Nodes.Region,
              Nodes.NetworkName ,
              Nodes.SPID ,
              Nodes.Caption ,
              Nodes.IOSVersion ,
              CustomNodePollers_CustomPollers.UniqueName ,
              CustomNodePollerStatistics_CustomPollerStatistics.Status ,
              Nodes.NodeID

(1) Here I just show the latest poll on one Universal Device Poller (Module). If I don't filter on the poller name I get more rows per poller for all other UDP's. Those UDP's should be columns instead of rows.

(2) I think that might be also the issue why I can't filter to take out empty Modules as in one of the Status-fields of some UDP something might be included?

solarwooky

I'd like to see an answer to this one as well. Its been one year with no answer. Hello Solarwinds!!!

JiriPsota

Hi,

with the following query you should get the results very similar to the table on web

SELECT n.Caption

, ModuleLabel.Label

, SerialModuleSlotType.Status "SerialModuleSlotType"

, Module.Status "Module"

FROM Nodes n JOIN

(SELECT cpa.NodeID

, cpl.rowid

, cpl.Label

FROM CustomPollerLabels cpl JOIN CustomPollerAssignment cpa ON (cpl.CustomPollerAssignmentID = cpa.CustomPollerAssignmentID)

JOIN CustomPollers cp ON (cpa.PollerID = cp.PollerID) WHERE cp.UniqueName='Module') ModuleLabel

ON (n.NodeID = ModuleLabel.NodeID)

LEFT JOIN (SELECT cpa.NodeID

, cps.rowid

, cps.status

FROM CustomPollerStatus cps JOIN CustomPollerAssignment cpa ON (cps.CustomPollerAssignmentID = cpa.CustomPollerAssignmentID)

JOIN CustomPollers cp ON (cpa.PollerID = cp.PollerID) WHERE cp.UniqueName='SerialModuleSlotType') SerialModuleSlotType

ON (n.NodeID=SerialModuleSlotType.NodeID AND ModuleLabel.RowID=SerialModuleSlotType.RowID)

LEFT JOIN (SELECT cpa.NodeID

, cps.rowid

, cps.status

FROM CustomPollerStatus cps JOIN CustomPollerAssignment cpa ON (cps.CustomPollerAssignmentID=cpa.CustomPollerAssignmentID)

JOIN CustomPollers cp ON (cpa.PollerID=cp.PollerID) WHERE cp.UniqueName='Module') Module

ON (n.NodeID=Module.NodeID AND SerialModuleSlotType.RowID=Module.RowID)