This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Question regarding ConnectNow in Network Atlas

Hi, I wanted to take advantage of the ConnectNow feature in Network Atlas. However, all my nodes (64 of them) are added 1 by 1 manually, not through discovery.

So now if I want to enable ConnectNow, essentially I need to remove all my existing nodes and then re-add them using discovery? Or is there a workaround because I don't want all my data to be gone.

Thanks!

• Run a discovery and import one node.  I seem to recall that's all that was required when I successfully got topology resources populated.  I actually did not use ConnectNow until yesterday, but it seems like the information ConnectNow shows is the same information I made visible in topology resources (node details and summary pages) when I set that up.

• So all I need to do to get it work is to add 1 node via discovery then the system will populate all the other nodes' information?

• Discovery and importing one node is all it took to my my topology resources work--for all nodes and not just the one I imported.  Since I didn't want to lose historical data on something we really do monitor, I just added my PC.  While I was doing it to make the topology resources work, I suspect the same database tables are involved for Network Atlas as for topology resources (Node Details and Summary pages).  My ConnectNow works as expected.

I expect your experience will be the same.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Just a quick note...  If you're running NPM 10.2, the gathering of topology data is no longer linked to Discovery.  It will happen on the rediscovery interval.  You can see if the MIB's are supported and being polled on a node by doing a 'List Resources'.  If it's supported, it will be shown.  If it's being polled, it will be checked.  Specifically the items will start with "Topology:"

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Casey