This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Issue with cert during a console install

I recently installed LEM, server and an the first client, and everything is working fine.  When I try to install additional clients on other PCs, I am having issues with the cert not installing correctly.  I installed the cert from a network share into the "Trusted Root Certification Authorities".  When I try to login to the manager from the client, it fails indicating that the cert is not trusted.

When looking back at the cert stores, the cert was not put into the "Trusted Root Certification Authorities Store"  There is a cert, with the server name,  in the "Personal" store, and is not linked to a trusted cert.

The PC who's client is working correctly has the "servername" cert in the Personal store, and is linked to the  TNSCACert-servername which is located in the "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" store.

I have tried exporting the cert from the working PC, in three different formats and cannot import is correctly so that it is in the correct stores.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to get this cert installed correctly?

• Hi, David.

The first thing I'd like to mention is that, in most cases, Windows will choose the Personal certificates store unless you specify a different store in the Certificate Import Wizard. Given that's the case, will you please double check that you selected Place all certificates in the following store, and then Trusted Root Certification Authorities (under Browse) on the computer you're having trouble with?

Also, will you clarify where you got the cert for the second computer from? If you saved the original .crt file from the LEM Manager in your network share, you should be fine. However, if the first thing you did before importing the certificate on the second computer was to export it from Windows on the first computer, that could be causing issues as well.

If you can verify that these things aren't causing your issue, then please post the exact text of the error message you're seeing and we'll see if we can help troubleshoot this further.

Thanks for visiting us on thwack!

• Thanks for the help, I spoke with support, and it turned out to be a group policy issue.  We ran MMC as administrator, installed the certificate plugin and imported it successfully.