4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2011 1:57 PM by SteveSW

    Windows 7 error


      Hello; I installed the Real Time Bandwidth Monitor on a windows 7 machine and it won't start.  I get the error (detailed below)...  Any ideas?


      Stopped working

      Problem signature:

        Problem Event Name:   CLR20r3

        Problem Signature 01:    realtimebandwidthmonitor.exe

        Problem Signature 02:

        Problem Signature 03:   4e4e8ad9

        Problem Signature 04:   mscorlib

        Problem Signature 05:

        Problem Signature 06:   4e1511f4

        Problem Signature 07:   f50

        Problem Signature 08:   7

        Problem Signature 09:    N3CTRYE2KN3C34SGL4ZQYRBFTE4M13NB

        OS Version:       6.1.7600.

        Locale ID:          1033

        • Re: Windows 7 error


          Please turn on debugging and logging and see if that provides more information. To enable debugging do the following:

          Make sure that Real-Time Bandwidth Monitor is completely shutdown. You may want to look at the process list in task manager to make sure that RealtimBandwidthMonitor.exe is NOT in the list. If it is then shot that process down.

          Open the RealtimeBandwidthMonitor.exe.config file in Notepad. It will be in the <ProgramFiles>\SolarWinds\RealtimeBandwidthMonitor folder.

          Edit the following setting in the config file:

                      <setting name="ShowDebugWindowOnError" serializeAs="String">

          Change the value from False to True.

          Now restart the Real-Time Bandwidth Monitor and post back any information from any pop-ups as well the content of the log file.




          The log can be found at:

          C:\Documents and Settings\<All Users Profile>\Application Data\SolarWinds\RBM\RBM.log

          • Re: Windows 7 error

            I am getting an error also. Real-Time Network Monitor was working fine until the last time I installed Windows updates (11/29). KB2641690 is the update that appears to have broken it. (It's the only one that installed this week, and Real-Time Bandwidth Monitor was working fine before this update.) I have uninstalled the update but it has not eliminated the error.

            • Re: Windows 7 error

              Here's the info from the deug window:

              Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

                 at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
                 at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
                 at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
                 at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
                 at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
                 at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)

              Invalid URI: The format of the URI could not be determined.

                 at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)
                 at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString)
                 at RBM.WebBug.ActionWithImage.BuildImage()
                 at RBM.WebBug.WebImage..ctor(XmlElement ele, String hash)
                 at RBM.WebBug.LoadManifestData(XmlDocument doc)
                 at RBM.MainWindow.<OnInitialized>b__2()

              This is on a Windows 7 machine. I looked in C:\Users\(myusername)\AppData\Local\SolarWinds\RBM but there was no log file there.

                • Re: Windows 7 error


                  Thanks for the debug information it was very helpful. I do not believe that the problem you are experiencing is caused by the Microsoft update. Upon start up the application downloads a file from the SolarWinds website which contains some marketing links. I just checked that raw file and it looks like two of the marketing links have been updated recently with an improper format. That is what is causing the problem. I am in contact with our web team to see about getting those links fixed. Once fixed, the problem should just go away from your perspective. You should not have to do anything.

                  I'll post back once I have confirmation that the problem is fixed. I apologize for the inconvenience.