1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 28, 2011 6:27 PM by netlogix

IIS Service & Counters not working

solarnewbie

In Orion, trying to add APM monitors to Exchange server. SNMP is enabled on Exchange 2010 server. The domain user I am using for monitoring has Admin privs on the Exchange server. Yet, when I try to install APM monitors for IIS, I get the "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has  no enabled devices associated with it. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070422)" error. Exchange server has IIS 7.0 for OWA. I rebooted the Exchange server once, but it did not work. I have yet to install Exchange APM monitors, but I won't be surprised if I get the same error. Any idea on what I am doing wrong? I tried adding APM IIS monitors on other web servers and it works fine, just not Exchange.

• Re: IIS Service & Counters not working
          netlogix

There is an MS tool you can check to see if parts are enabled "Exctrlst.exe".

You could also use the MS tool - "WMIDiag.vbs"

Also try "wbemtest.exe" - if you can't get that to connect to the server locally, then Orion can't use WMI.  Then try running from the Orion server connecting to the exchange server.